Pages

    Wednesday, August 22, 2007

    Greenie

    In a former life, I labored at a certain Salt Lake newspaper. While I did not, as a whole, enjoy my experience there, I did meet some pretty amazing people both in and out of the paper. In the year since I quit that job, my friends there have been trickling off to do bigger and better things (I'm looking at you, Ellie's cheeks). One of those, Doug, is now moving to Washington, D.C., to join the U.S. Green Building Council, the friendly folks who came up with LEED certification.


    This is the man who trailed around the newsroom, scouting for notebooks in people's trash cans in a quixotic quest to be the 7th floor's collective environmental conscience. (He'd cut off the wire binding and recycled the otherwise-worthless pages.) I can't think of a better job for him than this new one, even if Salt Lake will miss him dearly.

    I am looking forward to exploiting his future expertise, though, since he will allegedly be developing a residential component to USGBC's already substantial commercial and office repertoire of green-building tips. Dupont Circle, Doug!

    1 comment:

    amelia said...

    Hurray! Comments are up! Love the blog.